PennyG

Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler
Sweethearts
Sara Zarr

Shadowfever

Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning It was okay. -ish.

Not trying to be all judge-y but I'm slightly disturbed that no one (besides ME) seems to have issues with this book. I mean, HELLO! IT IS CHALK FULL OF EVERY HEINOUS SIN COMMITTED BY AUTHORS TODAY.

-Super Rape-y, emotionally constipated (sometimes violent) love interest(s). Check.
-PLOT HOLES. Check.
-Plot devices. Check.
-No resolution to certain important things EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE LAST BOOK IN THE SERIES. Check.
-SET UP FOR ANOTHER SPIN-OFF SERIES. Check.
-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long! CHECK! It needs to be said: SO MUCH OF THIS BOOK COULD HAVE BEEN DELETED (*cough* the majority of the first half of this book as it has nothing to do with the last half of this book)
-Three Words: deus ex machina(s). CHECK. Check. Check.
-Disturbing prelude to sex. Check.
-Inappropriate and/or ridiculous conversations DURING sex. Check.
-total ruination of much liked characters for no apparent reason whatsoever (*cough*Christian*cough*DANI*cough*) Check.
-Whoring out another series by unnecessarily shoehorning in EVERY MAJOR CHARACTER FROM THAT OTHER SERIES. CHECK! (Dear Moning, you did your best trying to sell your Highlander series, but guess what? I'm still not going to read your Highlander series. Yeah, trashy romances don't do it for me. By the way, really disappointed that you turned THIS series into a trashy romance.)