PennyG

Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler
Sweethearts
Sara Zarr

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian - Ellen Forney, Sherman Alexie On vacation right now (in Hawaii--Aloha) but this book is so amazing I had to take a little time away from playing on the beach so I could rate this book. Five stars.

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is short but it took me four days to get through. Mainly because I'm in Hawaii so reading isn't on the top of my to-do list. But still, had this book been less then amazing I wouldn't have continued reading it after my plane landed in Honolulu. There were several times I had to put the book down in order to really think about what I'd read. Even more times when, after finishing a chapter, I'd reread the same chapter outloud to my husband and we'd discuss it.

Sherman Alexie has a way of telling the most tragic stories and somehow making it funny or at least putting a positive spin on it. I love how he writes. He's talented in a way that makes me weep (sometimes).

I'd like to write more but the beach is calling my name. I'll update this review when I get home. Mahalo.

P.S. if you haven't read this book yet, you should seriously consider doing so, even if you don't think it's something you'd like--to be completely honest I didn't think I'd like this book, which is why I didn't pick it up until now. Just saying.

P.P.S.