PennyG

Jay Asher, Carolyn Mackler
Sweethearts
Sara Zarr

Jealousy

Jealousy - Lili St. Crow, Lilith Saintcrow I had to take a long break from this book when I was about three-quarters through. In fact I was thisclose to abandoning the series entirely without finding out how this book ends.

For well over a month my copy of Jealousy sat atop my filing cabinet gathering dust. Every time I saw it I was met with a handful of unpleasant emotions: regret, anger, sadness, bitterness, anxiety, guilt and a smidgen of curiosity. It was that small bit of curiosity that kept me from getting rid of this book.

This past weekend my husband organized our office area and that's how this book ended up in a very prominent place: my bookshelf. Since Saturday it's been staring at me, mocking me, daring me to read it. I've been glaring back at it, wishing I had the ability to shoot lasers out of my eyes so I could be rid of the infuriating thing once and for all.

This morning I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to finish it. And I'm glad I did.

The Strange Angels series is one of the few YA urban fantasy series that doesn't make me want to retch, although I'm willing to admit this installment was starting to make my stomach churn (about three-quarters of the way through; the reason for the break).

Anyway, enough about me--I'll be posting an actual review of Jealousy within the next few days.